Yes, I am still alive...yet not sure how this whole blogging thing is going to look. I have taken some time off just to pray, seek, and just BE with the Lord. This past weekend we went to spend time with my family at the farm for Memorial Day. I enjoyed every moment there since my iPhone doesn't work and I couldn't blog, read blogs, email, answer email, or talk to anyone other than my family. It was quite divine:)
As we were getting packed to leave, my mom came and sat down with me on the porch. She looked at me and said, "You haven't taken ONE photo while you have been here. It's been nice to see you just enjoy everything instead of trying to capture every moment."
I know. I did not take ONE single photo and I'm still living and breathing! And truthfully, I was a lot more relaxed! I could actually BE WITH my kids instead of trying to capture every moment to remember one day. I could let the kids actually enjoy their time playing uninterrupted instead of being in their faces nonstop with the camera.
I enjoyed every memory:)
Now, I'm not ever going to stop taking pictures...just not recording every single breath they take anymore. And as far as blogging...hmmm...it's going to look different around here. I'm not sure my family album is the way for me anymore. I'm going to plan on working just with Blurb to do my album there and see how that works.
For the next fee weeks, I want us to focus on living so we can OVERFLOW! Psalm 23 tells us that HE annoints our head with oil and our cup OVERFLOWS! Let's take time to look at our cups. Let's see if we are taking precious time to be annointed in His Word and through prayer. Then, let's see if our cups indeed overflow...in ALL areas!
It's going to feature some great ideas from people I know who are living to GIVE and glorify God in their lives daily. Through God's Word and the power of the Holy Spirit...let's look closely at our lives and see if our daily moments are focused on being a blessing to those around us. These ideas will encourage you and hopefully make you and I think about how we are living.
So, you may want to hang on for a bumpy, crazy ride:) I'm not sure how this is going to go...but I pray where we are going will take us closer to Jesus than all my silly daily craziness. I pray you and I will find ourselves encouraged by others- sharpening each other to follow Christ more passionately, more fully, and more joyfully! May we THRIVE together sweet friends!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Yes, I'm still alive:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment