Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Camper...

Yesterday was a HUGE day at our house! We took Anli to Camp Pinnacle for 2 days and 2 nights! We started the morning with breakfast with Grammy and Granpa as they had come into town for a little while this weekend. It was so special to have them with us as we all prayed around the table for Anli's week!

Then the girls and I headed off for our 2 hours drive into the North Georgia mountains! Jay wanted so badly to come...but he had to work. So, we enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL drive together. As we pulled in they had all kinds of counselors to meet and greet us from the first turn into the camp until we registered! It made the excitement grow and grow!

The very first counselor we met on the road...was Anli's counselor Kay...she is precious!


Anli was a little nervous that morning and along the drive. She has never been away from us overnight without it being family. She had no idea what to expect. But, once she saw all those girls milling around and met some of the counselors...she was hooked!
Camp Pinnacle is all about MISSION! I am so thrilled that she will be surrounded by those that love embracing God's work around the world...and right here at home! They have real missionaries and even those who were born in other countries to share with the girls. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Then, we met sweet Danielle. She is the friend God brought to us a few days ago through an email to a friend. God worked it out that we were right next to each other at registration! The girls hit it off immediately. They were holding hands and walking together before they even got in their cabin! God is so good!

Finally, after registration, a quick stop at the camp store to buy our new Camp Pinnacle backpack, purchasing the DVD and cabin photo, health check, lice check, med check...whew...it was time to find our cabin!
OK, this camp is NOT like the camps I used to attend every summer! These things are AWESOME! They are brand new with air conditioning, a huge attached bathroom with 6 showers, 6 potties, 6 sinks (only 12 girls!) and the counselors have their own attached room and bathroom! It was amazingly nice.

Each girl even has their own little closet with their bunk number on it! She had 4 drawers, a shelf, and hanger bar. Here she is organizing all her things...she LOVES to organize. So, I was able to help her unpack, get her bed ready, and meet her counselors before they were taking all the girls to their first activity!

Anli got the top bunk (since she sleeps there at home anyway)while Danielle is on the bottom. Their cabin was all decorated with verses on the ceiling for each girl on the top bunk! Their cabin colored bandana was this right here. Their camp verse is on it and they wear their bandanas all week.
Anli and Danielle were already like best buddies! Look at those cute bandanas on their little heads...they look so grownie! Her bunk was number 5...in the back ground is her "closet." I am so thrilled that she is able to go and enjoy this amazing camp centered on God and missions!
Too soon, it was time for Virginia and I to make the 2 hour drive home. But, I didn't shed a tear (amazing for me since I had already cried that morning!) because I just felt a peace about this precious camp. You can feel the love for God and the nations at every turn. She will be so blessed by this time away to hear from God personally. I pray for a lifetime harvest!
We miss her, but have been able to send her "bunk notes" today that she will get. They are one-way emails that you send to your camper that they will get as mail during their camp stay. It's so cute! You can add little borders and everything. The grandparents and all of us sent her some bunk notes...she will get 6! She is just loved by so many people.
We pick her up tomorrow morning...so I'll have lots to share from her time...and hopefully she took lots of pictures I will be able to post from her camera!
post signature

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm sure she is going to have a great time! I'll say a prayer for you, too girl!