Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ephesians 1


There is so much that I want to share about what I am personally learning from and about God right now. I have about 4 different things that I want to post about, and it's hard to decided which to share first!



Right now, God has laid Ephesians 1 on my heart right now to study and to memorize. I was in 2 Kings, but God has led me on another path for this time and I am so glad that He has. Today I was camping out on the first few words of verse 3 that says: "Praise be to the God...". That was enough to captivate me for my entire fellowship time with Him. I want to share with you my prayer journal entry for today (please disregard the grammar...try to forget I am an editor!) because in my life I tend to struggle wanting to be God of my life each day...

"God thank you for being God of all creation. For being the ruler over everything. For being the king, the one who is over all and is sovereign over this world and all your creation.

Please help me to remember that and to bow my life to that fact today. God, please forgive me for acting as though I were in charge. Forgive me for wanting my own way and for choosing to rely on myself other than You. Forgive me please for elevating myself, my feelings, thoughts and wants above You. In essence, making myself a god. Please help me today to focus on You as God and praising You for that. Thank You that You are God and I am not. May I submit to You will today.

God, You are so good. I praise You as creator for all you have created...what we see and what we will never see. God, I praise You for being over all things and working them to good. Thank You for Your love and salvation to a wicked person."

Today the focus in my heart was on praising God. Not for what He does or what He gives (which will come later on in that same verse) but just for Him being God. What about you today? Would you agree with me in my prayer that you have elevated yourself to the role of god in your daily life? Do you run into your day making all the decisions, never consulting or acknowledging the God of the universe? Oh, what cosmic treason we commit each moment when we think more highly of ourselves and lower of God! It grips me with remorse and fear at my audacity. Take time today to search your own heart and allow your praise to be in God alone!

No comments: