Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome to the Worthington Family Journey!

"Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and make trade and make a profit"-yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." James 4:13-14

Our lives have recently undergone many changes. We are in the time of transition...filled with some tears and much hope. God has convicted me of getting far to comfortable here on this earth. This Worthington family hasn't been movable! God has changed all of that over the past few weeks for us. He has allowed us to undergo trials in order to make us more moldable to the image of Christ. We want to be movable to God. We do not want to boast in our own plans, home, cars, money, schedules, possessions, dreams, or lives. What a blessing to know that God is the one who orders our steps.

We are experiencing a kind of revival in our lives and we pray that you are too! We wanted to start this blog because we want to share God's work in our lives with you. We are moving away from much of what has been comfortable and entering into the unknown. We want to share this journey with you each step of the way.

So, check back often to see what God is up to with our family. It may be something like a fun day as a family or what God is speaking to us that day. We can't wait!

11 comments:

Mark Grigg said...

Jay and Frances,

Frances it was good to talk with you today. I know it's going to be a hard road leaving your "comfort zone" but know the Lord has something amazing for your family.

Please know Wanda, Tyler, and I will be praying for you as you follow "in His steps."

Your friend,
Mark

Robin Otto said...

Francis, The otto's are praying for you and the family as you are walking through this new place. He has promised to never, ever leave you. Walk close.

Love,
Robin

Steve J. said...

Hey guys!
I'm glad you're doing this so we can keep up with what you're doing.
We're praying for you!
The Joneses

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you as you follow Jesus into the world of the unknown. I am kinda in the same position in my life, where I don't know the plans or all the details but I know that God has it all figured out...all I have to do is listen and obey!

Love Always,
Rachel

Shawn & Bryan Andrew said...

Jay and Frances,
Thanks for sharing this with all of us so that we can keep up with your family. God has blessed your family in more ways than you can imagine and he will continue to provide for you but you have to trust in him. We have to truly believe in God's grace and I know that the two of you can do that. I will pray that God will provide all of you the strength to make it through this new journey he has for all of you.

The Andrew Family

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to keep connected with everyone! I´m praying for you and your family and I´m excited what the Lord has in store for you all! Life is full of twists and turns... With the Lord driving we are always headed in the right direction! Even if he sometimes drives like the crazy bus drivers here and I think we might crash... we never do- He´s good like that!
Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

THIS IS A "GOD INSPIRED" IDEA. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU THIS WEEKEND. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SWEET SELVES. GOD BLESS YOU.
SASSY AND PAL

Fletcher said...

Anli and Virginia,

I think it was smart of you to trust in God and see where He takes you. I can't wait to see you next week when you come to Birmingham.

Love,

Fletcher

Anonymous said...

Jay and Frances,

Thank you for sharing with us, and we know this journey will reveal God in a new and special blessed way.

Ken and I continue to lift you up in our prayers as this journey unfolds.

May you find peace. John 14:27-28

In Christ,
Shirley & Ken

Teri Creamer said...

Worthington's - We miss you so much already but are surely praying for you and so glad to be able to share your journey with you. Much, much love and prayers -

The Creamer's

Anonymous said...

Worthington Family,
Thank you for the blog. I pray for your family daily and thank HIM for the opportunity to have known you for even a short while. Your family is beautiful and very special to God. I know HE has wonderful blessings planned for you and is carrying you through the desert now. How awesome and what a wonderful testimony to everyone of the Power and Love of GOD!!
I miss you guys. But I am excited for the journey before you.
Love, Melody