I won't be blogging much this week because we will be leaving to go to my parent's home in Alabama for Thanksgiving. We will be having such a blast...I don't think I'll have time to THINK about blogging. My girls have been counting down the minutes until we go to see everyone. We are such a close family that it is so exciting to be together for one of my most favorite holidays.We get to enjoy being together, thanking the Lord, eating wonderful food, and NO PRESENTS to distract us!
But, today we are enjoying LOTS of cooking! We always have Thanksgiving with just the four of us a few days before we leave. Jay is crazy for my dressing...which is nice to have a family who loves my dressing as much as I love my mom's. It borders on insanity. He has been checking on the progress all day through email!
It hasn't been cooked yet, but it's waiting patiently in the fridge for everything else to get ready...which is more than I can say for Jay!It's something that we enjoy together making our own tradition. We eat Honey Baked Ham, dressing, green bean casserole, rice, blue berry muffins, homemade pumpkin pie, and rolls! Whew...
Today the girls have been busy helping me with the dressing, making place mats, head dresses (Anli's idea!) and hanging out while I cook to keep my company. All is quiet now...but in about 4 hours it will be go time to get everything ready at the same time! I love it! Have you noticed that I am CRAZY for my family? Well, I am...and the amazing merciful God who looked through the expanse of time and put us together. I am humbled!
We pray your Thanksgiving is amazing. Don't forget...WHO gets all the thanks in your life. God alone is the one who is worthy of our Thanksgiving! Enjoy time with family and friends...see you Monday!



No comments:
Post a Comment