Friday, November 9, 2007

Top 10 List!

Well today is Friday and it's time for another Top 10 List of JOY! Since we have been living in this apartment, our beagle Pacey has woken me up at 6am to walk and feed him. I didn't really mind too much because 6am is not too bad. But, when daylight savings time kicked in last week...that was a whole other issue! He has been waking up and whining at 5am for the past week.

I know what you are thinking...either just leave him and let him whine or punish him when he wakes you up! Well, don't think I haven't tried both, but when you live in a small apartment, everybody in the house hears him and I don't want my girls or husband to have to be awakened at 5am. And by the time I get up walk in there punish him...I'm frustrated and awake!

So, I took this to the Lord in prayer. You know what His sweet answer was to me? Well, go ahead and get up then spend some extra time with Me! Well, that gives 5am a whole other meaning...I can get excited about that...when I actually wake up. God took care of that part too...when you brave a cold, dark winter morning at 5am for 15 minutes walking a beagle running everywhere...trust me you are AWAKE!

It hasn't been all easy to keep that time with the Lord instead of just snuggling back into my warm bed, but it has been AMAZING! Here are the top 10 reasons why...

Top 10 Reasons I Have JOY In Getting Up at 5am:

10. My dog is quiet and content...did I say QUIET!
9. I get to see the sky full of stars and the moon is amazing.
8. I get dibs on my husband's beloved massage chair for my time with God (I have to be gone by the time he wants it for his time!!)
7. I get to enjoy a piping hot cup of hot tea waiting for me when I get back from walking Pacey in the freezing cold...I make it before I leave and it's perfect when I get back!
6. Adding praise music to my time...it has really made my time so rich.
5. Time to write and work on our Genesis project while everyone is asleep and I can focus.
4. I get to have time to visit with Jay while he gets ready for his day...we talk every day about our time with God.(what are we learning? What did we hear? What scripture meant something to us? What does your day look like now that you heard this?)
3. Now with two full hours with God...there has been time to expand into more specific prayer time(praying on the armor, praying for 1 Corinthians love, etc.) by praying God's Word.
2. Praising God as the sun rises every morning on my knees...I've not missed one unique sunrise this week!
1. Enjoying, treasuring, savoring, and lifting high the name of Jesus first thing!

Most of you (myself included before this week) would not think it was a source of JOY to be woken up at 5am by a dog. But, looking at what God had in store for me...I can't imagine NOT getting up at that time...I wouldn't want to miss out!

Am I ready for bed at 9:30pm...oh, yes! But, God has kept my energy up and He has been my source of JOY! Don't forget to look at your own life and see how God is giving you opportunities for JOY...trust me they are there. Many times, it is in the midst of something that you might never see as a blessing. So, keep your eyes open for JOY today.

No comments: