Last year I began classes through The Seminary Extension. It is a great extension of the 6 major Southern Baptist seminaries where people can take classes through the Internet, extension locations, or correspondence. The first class I took was through correspondence and that was NOT the way for me! It had very little accountability and I had way too much time to complete the course.
So, last week I registered for my second class using the Internet class. This will give me a lot more accountability with weekly classes to view, weekly discussion questions, papers, book critiques, forums, and deadlines. I got my email and was able to check out my class and classmates last night and I was really excited.
The course I am taking now is called "The History of Christianity". It was between that and Systematic Theology which I will take in May. I will be working towards a diploma in Biblical Studies...of which both of the classes I am most interested in taking will simply be electives! But, that is OK, because I am not taking the classes for the diploma...that's just a nice little bonus.
Jay attended seminary for 4 years and I really wish I had been able to take some of the classes because he would come home and talk to me about them. They sounded so interesting! But, with a baby at home full time, I knew right then was not my time.
But, now I am thrilled to be taking these classes! They are just my speed and I love the fact that while the girls are working on some reading and individual work, I can be spending that time learning more myself. And the topics...well, there are simply too many classes I want to take! I think they ALL look good!
Anyway, just wanted to share this fun news with you! I'll keep you updated on how the Internet class works out. I start next Monday! The professor is one that Jay had in seminary so I am looking forward to hearing what he has to share from God! Have a great day...




No comments:
Post a Comment