Due to a broken toe and a wonderful trip to a cabin in the mountains, I haven't been able to blog this past weekend. I'll post this week on all the fun we had over the past week!
Happy Birthday Virginia Grace! Thursday January 17th my baby was 7 years old! I can't believe how big she is getting. I'll post more photos of her birthday tomorrow...they are still on my camera!
Last Wednesday was an eventful day in our house! At about 10:30am I got up from the computer and was running into the other room (who knows why!) and hit my toe on the table leg in our sunroom. I knew it wasn't a good thing. I felt my toe through my sock and it was so broken I didn't even want to take off my sock to look. But, I had to see how bad it was...and it was bad! I have never broken a single bone in my body...so this was all a little new to me.
It was painful...but no tears! So, I called Jay and he came home to help me get to the doctor. I knew there wasn't much to be done for a broken toe...but it just looked so yucky! They said for me to come in immediately since I could "see" that it was broken. We had xrays and they said I had to visit the orthopedist today. All is well and I have a beautiful new shoe to wear for a few weeks while the break heals. It broke all the way through the bone and it is bent in the wrong direction. They have to check me in 4 weeks and evaluate how it is healing and if they will have to correct it with surgery...if it is still angled the wrong way.
But, the wonderful part of that day was the amazing SNOW that we had! I mean it was gorgeous. And Jay carried me down 3 flights of stairs to go enjoy the night with the girls. We had a great time making snowmen, snow angles, snow fights, and catching snoflakes on our tongues. It was amazing...a wonderful present for Virginia's birthday!
This was when it first began snowing...the girls were eating snowflakes. Little did we know that the snow would just keep on coming!

This is our snowman...Frosty. They made him a wife, but it was too dark to get her.
The girls enjoy the beautiful snow!

No snow is complete without snowangels! It was a blast!
Anli took this picture of my sweetie and me! Perhaps I have an aspiring assistant!
I will be posting the rest of the week about our time in the mountains with my family. It was such a wonderful time and we are so grateful that God allows us these precious moments together!



No comments:
Post a Comment