Well, the next day we got up and headed out to the slopes again. This time it was a winter wonderland...of man made snow that is! Look at all the fun we had! I'll post some video later.
Here the girls and Jay are with their gear getting ready to hit the slope! It was so cold...I think it was only about 19 degrees that morning!
This was just after Ski School. They learned how to fall, get up, and to snowplow. Then they headed down to see us and show off their stuff!
Since I was unable to help, Jay was on his own with both girls. It was amazing to see how well they did and how great Jay was at teaching them. He would take them to the bunny slope and they would ski down and then take off their skis and walk up to the top again. This hill was the perfect size and they really loved it...though they fell a lot at first.
Here Anli goes! She did great and really got the hang of it after a while. I learned with poles, but obviously that is quite a hazzard here on this little slope. 
Virginia was the speed girl! I couldn't get a shot of her fast enough. She was turning and she would go all the way until the snow ran out! I was really excited to see her so confident.
After a while the girls need a break for hot chocolate and snacks. They warmed up with me in the little lodge while Leslie and Jay hit the slope. They did really well! This was just Leslies' 2nd time to ski so she did great! Jay was always easy to spot in his yellow jacket!
Look at Dad go! He picked right back up...even though it's been a while since either one of us had been skiing.
Go Virginia!
Go Anli!
This was our spot to watch the skiing. Just so you get the right picture of what true Alabama skiing is like! We are some of the few who can say that we have skiied Alabama!



No comments:
Post a Comment