Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Great Pumpkin!

This past weekend we had a great time hosting around 1,000 people at our fall festival! It was an amazing night and we had over 60 families who shared with us that they were not attending ANY church at all! We have a week full of follow up and praying for those families.

The next day, we took all of inflatables from the association and games to our apartment complex to reach more families with the love and Gospel of Christ.

It was a great turn out with over 100 residents and 50 Noonday family members. We are so thrilled that we were allowed to begin ministry at our complex...and our church is the first to do anything here! God seems to like us living and ministering in apartment complexes...and we just love it!!! This is the second complex in 4 years that we have had the

Even though Georgia was playing...our dedicated pastor came to minister! He even got into the swing of things by coming by and getting his face painted. But, he had to quickly wipe his face clean because he was taking his wife out to dinner afterwards! He's such a trip:)

Tonight, we enjoyed a great family night together. I have been loving my igoogle homepage so much...and I have a slow cooker gadget on there that gives me new recipes every day. Well, tonight I did a shepherd's pie in the crock pot and it was YUMMY! I love cooking in my crock pot and now that I am getting recipes every day I have been using it more and more.

We followed up our dinner with a new fall dessert...peanut butter ball pumpkins! WOW, were they rich and good. Jay loves peanut butter balls (dipped in chocolate, of course) so we did a little bit of a fall twist on them tonight...while still doing the traditional ones.

Jay helps us make one of his favorite holiday desserts!

Look how cute our little pumpkins are! Those are green sprinkles in the top...so they were edible too!

Jay turned on the election results on Fox a little later in the evening just to check in. Well, Anli got interested and started asking all kinds of questions. My favorite moment was when she called out to her sister..."Virginia! You are on TV! Come quick!"

We had a sweet moment when we talked about God being the one our total trust is in...no matter what happens tonight. She said, "If those two men would just not be president, then God could just be the president." You are so right, sweetie!

We watched a cute Charlie Brown that I had never seen called "You're Not Elected Charlie Brown." It was all about elections and it was really cute. I can't believe I had never seen it! Then, of course we had to watch The Great Pumpkin too in honor of making our pumpkin treats. We enjoyed a wonderful night together and were on our knees praying for our country and the two men running. It was sweet to hear my girls praying for those men.

Finally! I have my very own cornucopia! We finished up another batch of salt dough decorations today and both girls made me gifts just like they made for my grandmother on her birthday. I am thrilled to have these treasures! Isn't this just the cutest thing ever? I love it!

post signature

No comments: