On Tuesday, I had been at the Georgia Baptist Convention Luncheon all day and didn't get home until around 4:30pm. It was our family night and I hadn't made a big meal as I usually do...and I didn't have any ideas as to what we would be doing that night for family night.
Now, you may know by now that we are very diligent and absolutely look forward to family nights all week, so I was a little panicked not having a plan. I was thinking that I would have been home around 2:30 and would have plenty of time to cook and plan. Well, I was out of ideas and time!
So, we decided to pack up in the car and head to Chick-fil-A for dinner at the Dwarf House side where we could sit down and enjoy a meal together. And then, we would discuss there what we would do for family night. Well, my Heavenly Father had already planned our very special family night for us!
We walked in the door and saw that it was FAMILY NIGHT!!! That meant the kids ate for FREE...and Lowe's had set up a kids building craft on one whole side of the restaurant! I just smiled at how God loves family night too...and wanted to show us that He is the ultimate Father!

After eating our meal (quickly I might add) we went over and look at all the projects they could build. There were lots of choices so it took us a little while to find just the right thing! Anli picked a goofy golf windmill and golf club. Virginia picked a race car hauler truck. Since we are making our present this year for family and friends instead of buying them...she knew Julian her cousin would love that! Isn't she thoughtful and creative!

They got their very own apron, goggles and project to wear there...and take home! The girls were thrilled to take it all home with us! We found an empty booth and began to hammer away on our projects. We have never done one of these things before and the girls loved getting to hammer nails, sandpaper rough edges and build their very own things.

Here Anli shows offer her completed goofy golf fun package! It took us about 30-45 minutes to complete these and get them just the way we wanted. It was sooo much fun!

Here is Virginia with her race car hauler...the little race car in inside the truck!

They both received a certificate of completion and a patch for their aprons. They gave us a schedule for all the upcoming events at Lowe's where they can earn more patches too! We have them on our calendar because this was so much fun! Girls like to build things too. Today we are working on painting them and adding special touches...well, we are still girls and can't miss a chance to decorate something:)
And it was FREE! It just showed me that God cares about the little things. I know this, but He had planned a family night that we will remember for a long time. When I am weak, He is strong! He constantly amazes me with His kindness. What a blessed family night we had...because it was planned by our Heavenly Father!
No comments:
Post a Comment