Well, after many months of praying I am going to say goodbye to my beloved "Google Reader." This is a lovely feature that lets me know when all my bloggy friends update with new material. It comes right up on my Google homepage and it looms there enticing me to stop whatever I am doing and read those blogs.
Now most of you are WAY more disciplined in this area than myself. But, I have accumulated so many blogs that it seems I am enticed to read them for long periods of time...and frankly...I just don't have the time to spare this year.
Anli begins 4th grade...and Virginia 3rd and that is going to take more time than last year. We have signed up to begin attending a group called "Homeschool Excursions" where we have already enjoyed adventures and look forward to some AWESOME field trips that are completely out of the ordinary...for example...in September we are going to learn about tree climbing and canopy zip line!
We are also doing the Timothy Ministry co-op where the girls will be taking cool classes like Chinese brush art, multi-media art where they will deal with clay, chalk, charcoal, acrylic, and watercolor, Ballet, and a painting class for both.
Lastly, we are joining a homeschool group that will allow us access to another co-op on Thursdays, a yearbook, sports, clubs, field trips, parties, etc. And then there's CHURCH too!
So, all that to say I've so much in my own life I've got to get to living that I just don't have the time to read all the blogs I want to read. So...it's cold turkey for me!
I tell you all this because I subscribe to many of your blogs and you know that I visit daily. So...it's nothing personal...in an way. It's just not a season for Google Reader anymore. I LOVE to read blogs...too much I bet. So, God showed me time that needed to be given to other areas and ministry and God's plans for my day.
I'll continue to blog each day...and I can't wait to share my time saving tip on that...because this is my scrapbook now. I can't stop! So, thanks for letting me into your lives over the past 2 years, but I'm gonna have to check out for a while. Who knows...maybe next summer I'll have the time to enjoy them!
Monday, July 27, 2009
It's nothing personal...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment