Monday, July 20, 2009

Ultimate Adventure Fine Arts Camp!

This past week we had Ultimate Adventure Creative Arts camp at our church! It was AWESOME! We all had so much fun and learned so many creative ways to worship God all week. Jay and I worked at the camp while the girls enjoyed attending...another reason I just LOVE being married to the Children's Pastor!
We had amazing times of praise and singing every morning to start our day off focused on God. We learned about worship and bringing pleasure to God.

Mrs. Molly was our fearless director for the week. She also is the director of our weekly Ultimate Adventure time each Wednesday. She was a fantastic leader and has such a passion for God and kids! Thanks Molly for being available and willing for God to use you to lead our children!

We made lots of new friends. We had several children from families who did not attend church...so it was a GREAT outreach event!!! The girls loved having a week to spend with new and old friends! The camp was from 9-2 every day...so we got to know each other very well:)

There was lots of time for singing, singing, and more singing!

As part of the creative arts camp, we learned about set building! We spent time each day working on the set and learning about different kinds of art.

Virginia LOVES all kinds of art! She was in heaven all week!

Mrs. Laura (an art teacher) came 2 days to help us learn and build the set design. She was awesome! The kids really took ownership of the set and it's so much better than having adults do it! They had a great time and did a great job!!

The painted, cut, made posters, did the publicity posters and much more!Anli helps paint the rock wall for the park where the musical takes place.

Both of the girls got a speaking and singing part in the musical. So, during part of the day the speakers would work with Mrs. Molly on lines, blocking, and memorizing. They both almost know all of their lines already! Anli is Jazz who is an over the top girl who loves to sing...perfect! Virginia plays Taylor who is a precious girl who has an amazing heart...bingo!

They worked in pairs to learn lots of lines.

I did the daily devotion times with the kids. We took the whole week to focus on the fruit of the Spirit. We learned that our heart condition is key to the overflow of ministry or performing. We had a great time with "Farmer Fred" videos, making fruit and baskets, and our fruit of the Spirit awards at the end of the week!
Their favorite part was learning the Fruit of the Spirit song! I learned that song years and years ago...and it is the only way I can remember all 9 fruit! The kids LOVED the song and they all learned the fruit of the Spirit by memory.

There was time on stage for all the kids to get a feel for where they should stand and how it is to be on stage.

Here is my Anli during her solo part! This picture says it all.
We had the best week! The girls loved every single part and though we were exhausted at the end (think VBS for 5 hours!)...I wouldn't trade one minute of it for anything in the world. I treasure these moments with my children. I love getting to see first hand how they are growing into amazing young women of God. I love to see their strengths grow stronger and their weaknesses mature. I love that Jay is there every minute too.
What a blessing and what a week!

post signature


No comments: