There are so many days that I just know that I have blown it as a parent. But, then there are moments that are simply breath taking. Those moments when God pulls back the curtain and seems to whisper to me, "see I'm capturing their little hearts". God reminds me in these moments that He is the one parenting through me and in spite of my failures and shortcomings. I am so grateful that Jay and I don't bear the awesome task of parenting. Daily we rely on God to do this thing through us and simply use us as tools. But, at these moments...Jay and I just look at each other and smile at the God who captivates our hearts and our home.
Today, we bless you God. We thank you for being completely irresistible. We praise you for reaching out to sinful people...it's scandalous what you do! How you love us and grasp our hearts right in the middle of all our hate, jealousy, gossip, anger, lying, stealing, cheating, vengeful, rebellious lives. Thank you for the gift of Jesus that satisfies your wrath that should strike me dead today. Thank for for going further to allow us to guide those precious lives in our home. Oh, Father how we beg for your mercy daily to parent. Lord, we ask that you parent through us...that you come and just be you in our homes today. We bless you, Father. We bless you.
This video was shot in our car on the way home from our family night at Discover Mills tonight. We have an amazing set of CDs called Bible Bop: XTreme Praise. They are all songs that are completely scripture and our whole family loves them. There's not a day that goes by that these songs aren't being blasted in our car. They help to write God's Word on all of our hearts every day. But, this moment was so precious that I had to capture it on my camera. She didn't realize I was taping her until the end. Thank you Jesus for being the amazing parent I could never be to these priceless gifts you have given us.



No comments:
Post a Comment