Thursday, August 2, 2007

Working on the house!

We are selling our house here in Roswell, and we have been working hard! For the past few days we have been doing a demo on our master bathroom. As you can see we've taken it down to the bare studs!

Our precious friend, John, is helping us to tile the bathroom but first we had to take all the tile out. Now, if you have ever taken tile out of a bathroom...you know that it's not really an easy task. I found Jay this afternoon on a little blue stool with a hammer and crowbar taking one tile out at a time.

Now, you see there are not a lot of things I am good at as far as construction goes. I can decorate with the best of them, but I'm not really handy with tools. But, I took one look at Jay's progress after about an hour and I KNEW there had to be a faster way. I'm not good at much...but demo I can do!

So, I took the hammer from Jay and asked him to go get me a glass of water (smile) and then I took a whole new approach to the tile work. Take a look...




So, after a few minutes we were both hammering away and the demo was done in about an house! It was such fun to pound away...I'm still finding pieces of tile in my hair. Demo is the best!

A special thanks to all those who have helped us with the selling process. We are so blessed to have friends who have been lending a hand in painting, packing, landscaping (Tad you are the BEST!)and tiling. What a great group of people God has blessed us with to call friends.

We'll be sure to post pictures of the results...we are ready to call this house done!

No comments: