As my girls grow and change, so does our strategy of discipleship with them. It seems like we just get comfortable in the way we are approaching things like discipline, when they change and we are at ground zero again!
Each morning I pray that God will parent through me. He made these girls and know exactly how they need to be trained and discipled. So, I beg Him each morning to get me out of the way and love, teach, guide, and mold these precious gifts through me. Yesterday morning was no different. But, during my time in prayer, God began to speak to me about how He wanted me to approach discipleship of my girls through teaching and discipline.
I had received two wonderful charts from a company that I order from periodically called Doorposts. Now, they are a little extreme in some areas and not everything they put out I totally agree with, but they are a great resource. Their focus is guiding your children with Scripture.

Yesterday, we spent our morning (we are off for Winter Break) working on some really fun reward and consequenc charts. They all have scripture beside each blessing and each consequence so that the girls begin to see WHY we discipline. We worked through their daily activities and the areas where they struggle. We set up point goals that work towards special times during the week that we are calling "This Week's Treat". We are rewarding the girls for times when they follow the things God asks of them...and giving consequences for the times they disobey.

They are so thrilled! They couldn't wait to start! Since the girls are getting older, it is nice that we can really begin to share the WHYS of discipline along with showing them the reason God tells us not to do these things. It's also nice to have a positive blessing chart that helps them to see that obedience brings blessing!

It is a work in progress...as I am myself! But, yesterday was a neat time to really examine ourselves and allow God's Word to be our standard. We are headed to the Circus tonight and we can't wait! I'll post about all the fun tomorrow...enjoy your day!



No comments:
Post a Comment