Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Valentine's Day


We have been out of town for the weekend at Jay's dad's 60th birthday celebration in North Carolina. So, I never got the chance to do a Valentine's Day update. We had a great day! We hurried through our school work so that we could surprise Jay at his office to take him out to lunch. He usually just has sandwiches at the office...so he was thrilled when we showed up as a surprise to take him out!




After we left lunch, we went to deliver our Valentines to friends. It was really fun to make them ourselves and then deliver them personally. Most of our friends are in school, so we didn't get to see them. But, we had a great time and enjoyed the sweet phone calls to thank us for them.



We do our Valentine's gifts when Jay gets home so we can take our time and he gets to be a part of all the fun. And fun we had! It looked like Christmas with presents and cards from family and friends. We all had a wonderful goodies!

was in sheer happiness when I opened this gift from Jay. It combines the two things I just adore...ladybugs (I love red and they are one of the cutest bugs that are red!) and Life Is Good gear. We are huge fans of the Life is Good line of clothing. The pants the girls are holding up are also from there. We've even gone to their Pumpkin festivals and are hoping to attend their Watermelon Festival this year if we can!

The girls both got precious little bears from Sassy and Pal. They had candy in their paws...yummy!

We have been watching old family videos most nights together because we all love to see them! It's also cleaner than watching TV! So, as we have been watching, the girls have loved the segments that have them dancing to a little white bear that sings "Jesus Loves Me." I mean they danced to it almost every day. It was a staple around our house when they were younger. But, through several moves, I guess we lost it. Well, I got on ebay and one lady was selling this bear! I got it immediately and gave it to the girls as a very special surprise. They freaked out and began dancing all over the house...it was precious. I'm so glad that they will have this bear as a reminder that since they were just babies, Jesus' love has been so present in their lives!The girls got Jay a movie that he had been waiting to come out. It was the one movie in the series that he was missing. He was thrilled...though you could never tell from this photo. But, those who know Jay realize that photos are not his favorite...so since it was Valentine's day I decided to spare him having to flash a fake smile for me!

That evening for dinner we wanted to take Jay to his favorite place to eat...Slopes. But, the one we wanted to go to out near our house is closed! The sign was still up, but there was not a Slopes there anymore...very heart breaking to Jay. But, we found another restaurant and enjoyed our Valentine meal together. It was a wonderful day and we not only enjoyed the love and fellowship of our family, but of our Lord. We reflected together about how grateful we are for the love God has for us!

No comments: