Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

We had a good time celebrating Cinco De Mayo today! The girls and I talked some about Mexico (especially since Jay has been there on a mission trip!) and what Cinco De Mayo means to Mexico. It seems to mean a whole lot more to those of us in the US than it does in Mexico I am told. But, it was a good opportunity to talk about Mexico and learn more about the culture...and eat YUMMY Mexican food for dinner!
We had tacos, quesadillas, taco salad, and the very best homemade guacamole in the world! I LOVE guacamole and I'm at least glad that it is really good for you since it is SO fattening!

After we ate a Mexican feast, we went to Little Caesar's Pizza for their churros...yummy! We ordered a set for each of us and they were fresh and steaming hot. We dipped them in chocolate and dulce de leche (or caramel) sauce and they were heavenly!
Virginia took Spanish 1 this spring at Timothy Ministry and she wanted to count in Spanish for us...enjoy this cutie pie...because we sure do! (When she gets braces I'm sure going to miss that little lisp...melt my heart!)




post signature


No comments: