After about 2 hours of playing inside, they were ready to head out to enjoy the gorgeous day and her yard. They got out the sidewalk chalk and got to work. When Dorothy and I headed out to see what they were up to, we saw they had created a beach! They had drawn a towel to share...and if you look closely to the left you can see a cool glass of lemonade and a plate of desserts and a cute set of sunglasses! How creative. There is even an umbrella at the top to keep the sun away. How creative and cute these girlies are!
I'll post a photo of them both in their outfits soon...we were able to finish them BOTH in just a few hours. I was really rusty since I hadn't used this pattern for the Capri pants since last year. It's really simple, but takes a bit of thought...and since my sewing machine wasn't thrilled to be making clothes for a Disney trip she wouldn't be going on...she gave us some trouble.
But, in the end...they are the CUTEST! Our whole family will have these shirts for our first day in the Magic Kingdom! Jay just loves this pattern and it something the whole family doesn't mind wearing. I have several more outfits to make this week to take along with us...but these were first priority!
That night, we headed to celebrate our friend Michael's' 30th birthday! It was such fun to see everyone and since the kids were all with sitters...it was just the adults and we really had a great time catching up.
Here's the group...it was such a BLAST! One couple brought their 3 WEEK old little boy. Oh my how cute and sweet he was. Happy Birthday Michael! What a great time we had!
Sunday was an insane day! We had our first annual Ignite conference complete with family picnic, inflatables for the kids, children's camp, and adult ministry conference. Jay and the education staff worked very hard on this and it was awesome! I learned so much and enjoyed hearing from our education staff.
The kids had a blast too! They played on inflatables, made frog cupcakes and little frog rocks (frog stands for Fully Relying On God), trail mix, and played games. Thanks to all those who volunteered to make that camp great fun for all the kids!
Jay did a great job and I always love the chance to hear him speak! We talked about our spiritual gifts, our personalities, and our passion in service. I pray that those who attended were as encouraged and challenged as I was! The youth praise band led worship and they did a great job!
But, in the end...they are the CUTEST! Our whole family will have these shirts for our first day in the Magic Kingdom! Jay just loves this pattern and it something the whole family doesn't mind wearing. I have several more outfits to make this week to take along with us...but these were first priority!
Thanks to each person who made this conference go off without a hitch! I was blessed!




No comments:
Post a Comment