Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! It began on Saturday morning when Jay and I were woken by the girls bringing me breakfast in bed!!! It was completely their idea and they got up early to make it all themselves. Jay and I were in shock!

My breakfast was so precious! Since they can't use the oven and dad wasn't there to help out, they used the toaster. They made me heart shaped toast with butter, a granola bar covered in peanut butter (precious.), and yogurt...and water!
Anli even made a pretty napkin tied with a bow! Oh, and the silk flowers are from their room. They thought of EVERYTHING and did it all by themselves!!! It was a breakfast I'll cherish my entire life. They are such amazing little girls...that are getting too big too fast!

What a treasured Mother's Day breakfast! Jay asked them why they did this on Saturday instead of Sunday when it would be Mother's Day. They answered that Sundays were just too crazy and they wanted me to have time to enjoy it...SMART girls:) They truly understand their father's view of "functional holidays!"

Well, this is the sweet card the girls gave me...sorry it's sideways! Look at that perfect handwriting from my Anli...I'm so proud!! And that ladybug is just the BEST. Thanks girls!

OK, I don't know what is up with these two pictures! They are straight in my photos...and I even worked to make sure again and upload them once more...who knows! Anyway, we still had our normal pancake breakfast together and I made pink and purple castle ones!
We only have 4 more days until we leave for DISNEY!
On Sunday, we had a wonderful service and then got some lunch and headed home. I got on my pajamas (those who know me understand that I LOVE my pajamas and my bed!) and opened my presents. It was pretty funny. See, I asked for all the supplies to print out my blog for the past year and put it into a book form...a blogbook instead of a scrapbook.
So, the girls were a little shocked that I got printer paper, ink cartridges, page protectors, a HUGE binder, and things like that for Mother's day. But, it was EXACTLY what I wanted! So, I spent the afternoon relaxing and putting together my blogbook for 2008. Its...HUGE! There are over 500 pages for the past year that I have journaled and had photos for.
Well, after lots of ink and paper...I'm still not finished! We ran out of ink once and Jay went back out...and then ran out again. That was all the budget could handle for this month. In June, I'll have my fun money and use that to finish out the book.
I'll have to post the enormous book when I finish. But, I LOVE having this printed out with all my photos and journaling for the past year. It may not be as ornate as my other scrapbooks, but this is so much more our lives. It's the every day thoughts, memories and silly things that make up our home. It's more than just a series of events...it's daily life. I LOVE it.
Thanks Jay and girls for making my Mother's Day amazing. But, truthfully...you make every day amazing. I'm so blessed to have you in my life.
We sent my mom 2 dozen roses for Mother's Day. One to honor her and the other in memory of my grandmother who grew roses. She even supplied all the roses for my wedding...and that was a LOT. It was a day of celebration of my mother and my grandmother and my precious mother-in-law whom we put together a Shutterfly scrapbook of some fun memories we made with them this year. It was such a great day and full of rich blessing from God.
Thank you Father for blessing me with such awesome women in my life!

post signature

No comments: