Thursday, October 25, 2007

Virginia Update

Thanks to all of you who have been emailing, commenting, and calling to get an update on Virginia's spot on her back. We have been to both the dermatologist and the surgeon. We have her surgery scheduled for November 12th. Please keep her in your prayers.
They will use a local anesthesia (they wanted to put her under because of her age, but we did not want that) and then take what they hope will be all of the juvenile melanoma. They will send it off to the pathologist and they will determine if they got all of it. If not, they will send her to a Moh's surgeon...like the one that I went to in July for my skin cancer.
Today Virginia goes to get her expander. We pray that she won't be in too much pain for the next few days. We'll have to get used to cranking it every morning and evening. We'll update you further once we go and have it put in today. Please pray for that also!

Here is a photo of Virginia and I's spots...I've been reminding her that I also went through this just a few months ago. Thankfully God has allowed me to understand what she is going through during this time. Thanks again to those who have been so kind in checking in on her!

No comments: