Friday, December 21, 2007

Friday's Top 20 List!

Well, today I wanted to share with you a top 20 list that I have around my house. Since I homeschool my two girls...I don't want them hanging out in front of the TV and video games when they are finished. I don't mind a little now and then, but with some extra free time on their hands after schoolwork is finished we needed a little help finding things to do.

We have an amazing sunroon in our apartment where we have designated school and art! I have three bookshelves filled with fun crafts and art supplies. At my house...all of that is fair game and always has been. If it's art...it's not a mess to me! I want them to have all the resources and time to be as creative as they like...what's a little paint?

But, it seems that we needed a little kick start to our creativity. So I made our home a top 20 list of things to do if you are in need of something to do! We all have loved the inspiration it has brought us and we all do these things together...or alone if we like. It stays on the fridge so that we can check it any time we are feeling a little bored. So, I thought I would share it with you:
20 Daily Fun Ideas!


1. Computer time

2. Play do

3. Paint or watercolor

4. Read books

5. Glitter pictures

6. Shaving cream art (Shaving cream, cookie sheet, fingers…at the bar only!)

7. Math games (shapes, bears, rubber bands)

8. Dominoes

9. Make a card for a friend

10. Mosaic with beans, tissue paper, etc.

11. Stamp Art

12. Card games (Old Maid, Crazy Eights, Hearts)

13. Puzzles

14. Paint figurines

15. Styrofoam art

16. Make bracelets, necklaces, and other jewelry

17. Yarn art

18. Foam art

19. Chalk board drawings

20. Scrapbook


Yesterday we were able to help a local ministry sharing Jesus with Jewish people in Atlanta called Light of Messiah. They needed several dozen cookies for an outreach they are having this weekend. We were so excited to help...and it was so fun too! It was a great way to get the girls involved in ministry this Christmas. They had so much fun!
Also, our friends the DeBusks had their precious baby girl yesterday- Elizabeth Louise! We are so excited for them and she was healthy and everyone is doing great! We can't wait to meet here when they get home and settled. Congratulations DeBusk family!

Another cool thing that I wanted to share was an awesome idea our church Awana group had. They took last Sunday night's Awana as a store night...nothing special about that right? Well, wrong! They let the kids take their "dollars" that they have earned by showing up with their Bibles, shirt, vest, book, offering, dues, etc. and let them Christmas shop for their families! It was the BEST idea and the kids loved it! They had earned their "dollars" for the past 4 months and were able to buy their families presents, wrap them, and then they were ready for under the tree.
Our girls were so excited that we had NO idea what they had gotten us...or each other. They rushed to put them under their own tree in their room! They can't wait to share the gifts they picked out and earned themselves with us. I think this is a wonderful idea for children. They want so badly to give a surprise for their families...but they are not able to do that without an adults help. So, this Christmas...we are getting some wonderful surprises picked out and wrapped by our precious girls! Thanks Noonday for such a great gift!

No comments: