Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sabbath Reflections...Worship!

Yesterday was an amazing Sabbath with our family at Noonday! We had a wonderful Sunday School lesson in Job talking about how suffering makes our faith stronger. We enjoyed discussing how easy it is to get discouraged and down when we are going through hard times...but the book of James tells us just the opposite. Look:


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

That night, we were so blessed by our worship team presenting "A Night of Alleluias". It was AMAZING! It wasn't a choir cantata...it was a full out worship time with full participation from everyone. It is amazing the wonderful freedom at Noonday to worship God. I love the way that if someone feels led...they stand to their feet in worship. Hands are lifted, heads are bowed, people are on their knees, some are quietly praying, others are joyfully clapping...it is a freedom I haven't felt in a long time.

This night was absolutely worship. It had moments of energy and praise...along with those of reverence and awe. It was the most wonderful night of worship I have had corporately in a long time! I want to share a few of my favorite moments with you. I took my camera and took a few minutes of video so that I could have it for myself! It was just that good!

The last clip is of our deaf ministry. They lead every Sunday and they blow me away! They have so much energy and they add so much to my worship time by seeing the expression of love they have for God through their hands...without uttering a word or note. I knew you would be blessed by them as well. A neat moment was when one of the worship team members came down front to worship with them...it is her passion. She is on the right with the sparkled jacket. It was a sweet moment! Enjoy...

No comments: