Virginia picked out a great planter with butterflies on the front. She puts the seed starter soil into the planter and then she chose to plant Morning Glories!
Anli chose Forget Me Nots for her planter...she chose one with dragon flies and flowers!
The plants are ready to go...what a pretty planter for a pretty girl!
We covered the planters with plastic wrap to give them a greenhouse effect until the seeds sprouted. It was only a few days until their plants were looking great...
So while we waited for our plants to sprout...we decided to enjoy some Spring weather at Kidstock playground. It was such a great day and such great weather. It wasn't more than 5 minutes until both girls were climbing and running with new friends. It was a blast!
Virginia doesn't go anywhere without her shades!
They made it to the very top...and it's really high! I climbed it once and was a little scared myself, and I'm not even afraid of heights at all!
A few days later and there are still no sprouts...so we decide to take a trip to Chuck E Cheese! That was this week's treat after they reached their goal this past week, we headed to the Cheese for some games. I had a coupon, so we got 100 coins for $12. It was 2 hours worth of fun! I only go to these kind of places right when they open...so we are always there at 10am to get in when there aren't any crowds and everything is nice and clean...I hate when these places get so nasty! We had a blast!
Virginia loves being a princess! This Chuck E Cheese had this ride...it was a first for her and she rode it several times!
Anli is all about the games and the tickets! She spends her coins in a flash and has mounds of tickets to turn in for wonderful (junk) prizes.
Virginia loves these flying pedal mobiles. She rides them over and over again. Hey, at least it's some good exercise!
Nothing like a little Mario Cart competition between sisters! Go girls!
The sprouts started to peak out and this is why I love my Anli. She is an amazing little girl in so many ways...so is Virginia for that matter. But, the moment Anli saw a little green head peaking out of the dirt, she hasn't let them out of her sight. She watches TV with them...
She eats a snack with them...
Then...here they are! We have PLANTS! This is why you garden and plant with kids. It shows them first hand the amazing plan of God for things to grow. It allows them to care for something themselves and watch it grow. It has been so exciting for the girls...really!
And we have had some April showers this week. I read my friend Ginger's blog and she gave us a great idea. She informed us that Brewster's Ice Cream offers a free second scoop if it is raining. So, we tried it out ourselves on Friday night and were hilarious standing with our raincoats, umbrella, and ice cream cones! But, it was YUMMY!
Thank goodness we were headed home to take a much needed bath! So, we decided to play in some puddles to make the bath well worthwhile! It was such fun and the girls loved running and playing in the rain for a while. It has been a fun week...but please keep praying for our precious friends are struggling. I am so grateful for the fun days were have as a family, but always aware in my heart that those close to me are going through some rough times. It keeps me praying without ceasing.



1 comment:
We also love the dollar store! Gabby calls it the DT store. Those planters are so cute! I don't think I saw those! We have some seeds planted in our playroom that are just in plastic boring containers. I wonder where Virginia gets the wearing her shades all the time?
Post a Comment