Well, I have had a broken toe for like FOREVER! I don't understand how something so very small can cause so much pain. But over the past 2 weeks I have felt much better and was even given the OK to let pain be the guide about working out. It has KILLED me to be out of the exercise world for the past 9 weeks. I love working out (weird I know) and I just feel blah not being able to work out a few times a week.
As I have been reading blogs of my friends and talking to girlfriends lately...the conversations are turning towards nicer weather...and getting in shape for those bathing suits in our closets! So, I wanted to share a great little secret I found last year...
Yesterday I went back to an old favorite workout program of mine. See, it's for those of us who simply can't seem to find an hour in our day to workout. I used to go to the YMCA, but with homeschooling, they don't have childcare at the times I can go...since I do actually want to see my husband when he gets home!
We have a workout room here at the complex...but there's a scary man...don't get me started on that one! So, I was stumped. What was a home school mom to do?
OK, for those of you out there that don't have time to travel back and forth to a gym, don't have a membership anywhere, can't get childcare every day, or just don't want to workout in front of other people here is a great solution!
Demand Fitness is an online gym! It offers like a million classes from step aerobics to kickboxing, to toning, to Pilate's! There are so many types of classes I could never tell you about them all. You pay by the week (I did this for a week to check it all out), month ($14.99), 3 month, six month, or by the year ($99).
This way you get any class you want, by a certified instructor, any time you want it...as long as you have an Internet connection. They even have added a toning schedule, beginners weight loss calendar, advanced weight loss plan, and more. This way if you don't know how to reach your goals and what classes to take they have planned it for you!
I joined from June to November of last year. Then with the move, holidays, and toe I have now reactivated. It's an easy, comfortable, and pretty cheap way to stay in shape. I love it and can do the classes I want (I am pretty picky since I used to be an instructor) when I want them offered...and when I have time to do them.
Anyway, if you are like me I just wanted to share an affordable, convenient option for getting back into shape. The link is www.demandfitness.com. Enjoy...



No comments:
Post a Comment