Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm back!

Well, after a week fasting from blogging I am happy to be back at it again! This past week was wonderful...yet very hard since our girls were away the whole time. I REALLY had a hard time with it this time. Just being here at the house alone was really a challenge. I hated that my house was always clean and quiet! I even had to find other places to write just to get away from all that quiet!

I had to work on our new biblical series for women that is coming out this fall. One day I got my breakfast at Chick-fil-a and wrote in the parking lot. One day I sat under a tree and enjoyed the amazing time with God and wrote. The last day I found my way to the library and wrote. Over all it was a very good time with God where I learned lots and was able to hear from Him.

But, one thing that was confirmed was that I LOVE being a mom of those beautiful girls now resting in our house! Day in and day out, I can forget that being their mom is much more of a passion that any writing or speaking I will ever do. I don't miss writing and speaking like I missed those two this week. It is truly the most joyful ministry!

*A quick break in blogging as one of those amazing girls just came to serve me pretend cookies on a little silver platter...see what I mean...glorious!*

I have lots to update on during the days before they left which was Jay's birthday and our anniversary. Jay and I enjoyed a great week of hanging out and lots of talking. It was great to have time to go out to dinner, eat ice cream together, walk, drive around looking at houses, and talk some more! We so enjoyed our time together, but always we were aware that 2 of our 4 were missing. It just reminds me of the wonderful grace of God in our lives to allow us to journey together through this life.

God was great to convict me of several things and challenge me in others. I am refreshed by dedicating this time to Him. I'm going to need it with the crazy schedule we have this fall...a week filled with time alone with my Heavenly Father was truly a blessing!

I'll start updating this week...but for now...it's good to be back!


post signature

No comments: