Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back in the USA...and in the happiest place on earth!


After 36 hours of travel, 5 different countries, and 5 planes...I made it home on Sunday! It was really not a bad travel home...but maybe because I thought it would be terrible! But, it was all worth it as my Magic Express bus turned the corner into our Disney resort...and I saw three of my most beloved people come RUNNING up to the bus waving their hands wildly. I barely stepped off the bus before I was literally lifted off the ground in the most wonderful hugs. It was good to be home.


Next week, when I am home from Disney I will take a few days and update you on my trip to Central and Eastern Europe. It was amazing! I can't wait to share it all with you!


But, this week we are in DISNEY WORLD! We are having the BEST time ever and it is perfect to be able to spend 24 hours a day with my family since I have been away for a while. We have loved being together and I keep hugging Jay and the girls spontaneously saying how glad I am to see them. I'm on day 3 being home...and I'm still doing it!


Here are a few photos of all the fun we are having...


The first morning we went to have an amazing breakfast at Cinderella's castle. The food was absolutely awesome and it was a beautiful place to meet all the princesses. We loved it!

It's really HOT in September! The Worthington family is used to going to Disney in December...so this is definately different weather for us. We decided that though the free dining in September is great...we might just save up our money and go in December from now on...thank goodness for cool treats!

That night we went to eat at a new place for us called the Crystal Palace. We had fun with the Winnie The Pooh crowd!

Jay and I came to Disney for our honeymoon 11 years ago. We had our photo made with Tigger on that trip...so we thought we'd get another one! I'm still as crazy about my hubby as the day we saw Tigger 11 years ago! Yesterday we headed to Hollywood Studios (MGM for those of us over about 10 years old!). It was really fun! Jay and I were the stars in the Back Lot Tour. It was funny and the girls loved that we were IN the show!
OK, I am growing as a parent on this trip! I was the deciding factor on Anli riding the Rockin' Roller Coaster this trip. I LOVE this ride!!!! It's my favorite ride in all of Disney (as far as roller coaster thrill rides are concerned). But, letting my 9 year old daughter go on the 0-60 miles an hour in 2.5 seconds ride is a different story!!


So, I went on the ride before her and again was not crazy about her going on it with Jay. I relayed all the scary moments to her (hoping she wouldn't go) and then under Jay's direction... let my 9 year old make up her own mind!!! This letting kids go is not for the faint in heart!


Well, of course...SHE LOVED IT! Oh, my goodness! Virginia were in duress waiting for her to come out with Jay (Virginia is my conservative girl...she hated the Barnstormer in Toon Town!). So, I'm growing as a parent this week...not fun...but completely necessary!


We started this morning at Donald's restaurant breakfast in Africa! This is one of our family favorites. The food is amazing and it's fun to be in the African atmosphere since our family is in love with Africa.


We are here this week with our friends the Goltz family. It's been a great time hanging with our families during the days...and then meeting up for meals and the shows!

The safari was great...reminded Jay and I of our trip in 2006!


All is great here in Disney and we still have the rest of the week to go! We are only half way through...


Thanks for your prayers while I was in Poland and I can't wait to share all about it next week. Please keep me in your prayers as I have a speaking engagement on Saturday also. Have a great week!



post signature

No comments: