Sunday, September 21, 2008

First day home in 17 days!!

Yesterday, after I had spoken at a ladies' conference we loaded up our car and headed home! Last night, I stepped into my own house after not being here for 17 straight days. It felt so wonderful to sleep in my own bed with my own little family...what blessings I often take for granted!

It was wonderful to be back with my favorite ladies (my Thrive ladies SS class) this morning and to share about our Ebenezer stone moments in our lives with God. It was great to be back with our church family in worship today.
Disney was great and we had lots and lots of fun! We were all a little sad to leave yesterday, but it is always good to be home. I want to share some of my favorite Disney moments today and tomorrow and then I am going to spend a while sharing my daily thoughts on Poland. So many of you prayed for me and our team, and I want you to see and hear what God was up to over those 10 days. We have our final conference call as a team on Tuesday to debrief the trip. I look forward to hearing from these wonderful women again!

We loved starting out our trip with breakfast at Cinderella's castle. The food was amazing and the beautiful view was just perfect! We loved getting to meet all the princesses and making a special wish!



This wall mural of glass is truly gorgeous! Jay was amazed by it and it was the perfect backdrop for two very pretty princesses.

Virginia was dressed up like Aurora, her favorite princess, and it was a special treat to get her photo made with her. She looks JUST like Aurora...beautiful!

Anli makes a wish on her wishing star...isn't she precious? She is always wondering why Tinkerbell, who she was dressed up like for the breakfast, isn't ever there for pictures. Jay told her that Tink is too small to be there. But, maybe one day we can meet her?

Making wishes at the wishing star ceremony! The food was out of this world and this was my FAVORITE meal of the entire trip. We all agreed this would be one to do again next time. It was awesome!

From the first day in the park, our girls were OBSESSED with pin trading! It was so much fun...I even was a little sad I didn't get one myself! Virginia loved trading the most and would trade pin after pin...just for the fun of trading! She got a full set of the princess "eyes" which is pretty rare to find the whole set through trading! Anli got all Tinkerbell pins and then stopped because she loved all her pins too much! We are getting a cork board to display all the pins here at the house.

Since this is the year of a milion dreams, our girls had lots of fun playing games with the cast members for prizes and certificates! They got several during the week and enjoyed all the stickers and prizes they got too!

Toon Town was Virginia's favorite place that day! She loves Minnie's house and thinks that Minnie keeps her house nicer than Mickey...she is so cute! Anli loved cooking in Minnie's kitchen...always the chef!

Then, it was time to meet the famous couple! We were thrilled to have BOTH Mickey and Minnie! We have never gotten to see them both together at the Judge's Tent. It was a real treat to have them all to ourselves for a little while. What a BLAST!


Then, it was time for a family favorite...It's a Small World! We LOVE this ride!

I'm not sure about this look on Anli's face...but she really is having fun on this ride. Though she was always ready for a rollercoaster ride! She is definately my thrill seeker!

We love Adventure Land...and riding the carpets of Alladin is always a must. Dad and I let the girls drive our carpet!

Then it was off to the races...cars that is! Virginia has a LONG way to go in the driving department. I don't think we went one second without hitting the center rail that keeps you on track. It was a bumpy ride...but she got better when we did it again on Friday!

Look at that little face! I'm not ready for to see either one of those little faces behind the wheel of a car for a LONG time!

Well, it seems that while getting my camera in and out of my bag...I set it to program mode which I have set as black and white. So, many random pictures are in black and white for this trip! Oh well...

We met some friends at the Crystal Palace for dinner and enjoyed meeting Winnie the Pooh and friends there!

After dinner we headed to Main Street for Spectromagic parade and Wishes fireworks display! Since we were there early, the girls got to dance and play games with the cast members there! Anli loved doing the Macarena dance along with playing duck, duck, Donald. Virginia hula hooped for a long time and then joined in the dancing and games too. It really passed the time and the girls met some new friends too!

It was a wonderful day and the perfect start to a great week!

post signature

No comments: