Monday, September 29, 2008

I can't wait!!

Yes, tonight I am going to start sharing about my trip to Poland and I am very excited to share about what God did during that trip! But...there is something else that I can't wait for! Last night, my sweet husband told me that we would be able to have an EXTRA special date night in October!!!!

You see, he and I really love musicals! We REALLY love the Fox too! But, I have been pining to see Wicked for SO long and when my cousin and aunt went recently...all I had heard about this musical was confirmed! They LOVED it!

Then, (since I am on the email list for the Fox, of course) I got an email that Wicked was going to be HERE in Atlanta for a mere month and Jay knew that I wanted to go so very badly. So, last night as we were looking over the month of October...he said that we had the money to really splurge this month on a date night! We had been able to put more in savings this past month than I could EVER have imagined. So, this month we are taking part of our weekly money and go to see Wicked.

Now, you are thinking (if you have never heard of Wicked) that I have lost my religion! Why in the world would I want to see anything called Wicked? Well, Jay and I LOVE the Wizard of Oz and this is the story Glinda the good witch and Elphaba the future wicked witch before Dorothy drops in! It is kind of a prequel to the Wizard of Oz and lets us in on what brought them to where we find them as Dorothy and Toto show up on the scene. I can't wait!

So, we will be heading to the Fox to see it in just a few weeks and I can't wait! I had no idea I would get to see this musical so close to home. And what a great night this will be with my hubby! And I am so grateful that he truly loves these things as much as I do.
We have been to see Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and the Lion King (my Christmas present from him this year!) together. There are still several more we want to see...and Wicked was at the very tip top of my list!!! Many husbands would be cringing at the thought...but not my man! We both are thrilled to get to go!

post signature

No comments: