Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm sorry did I just step back into 1973...

I interrupt my regularly scheduled blog on Disney World in order to make sure I haven't been warped (don't you love my Star Wars lingo? Being married to Jay has really opened up my vernacular choices!) to 1973!

Seriously, we had to take Jay to work because his battery was dead after sitting for over a week while we were out of town. So, as we headed to church this morning...we saw a HUGE line at the Citgo formed all down Canton Hwy. I was shocked to see how many people where waiting in line for gas this morning.

But, as I drove home I noticed that all the gas stations were out of gas! That was why this one little station was a buzz. Then, as I went further I was a little nervous because all MY normal stations were also out of gas! I looked down at my 1/4 of a tank and prayed that it would last for a while. This is just wild!

Satan is trying to bully us into fear right now in our nation. We are getting fearful of rising gas prices, economic instability, loss of jobs, presidential elections, and much more. But, we know the end of this story...don't we! Victory is God's and as followers of Him...ours.

Though we may be biking to work or walking to the grocery store for a while (smile) we'll just shed a few of those American obese pounds! Our money may not go as far for a while, but who needs more stuff in their lives anyway? Not me! We may have a president who doesn't believe the same things we do politically or spiritually...so we will hit our knees and pray like we never have before for our government all the while knowing that God is truly in control of this world!!

It's time to put fear in it's place! God does not give us the spirit of fear, but of power and a SOUND mind! Oh, how we need that in our country and our lives today!

So, for a moment I got a little nervous about the lines and the chaos I saw this morning but then God reminded me that He is the one in control of all things and HE alone holds our future! What a wonderful thing to meditate on in the midst of our "crisis times."



post signature

No comments: