WOW! Today marks my 300th post in the last year and a half. I began this blog back in July 2007 and it has been a wonderful journey. I love the fact that I can journal each day (or couple of days) about regular every day life. I love that I don't have to spread out thousands of pens, stickers, scissors, pages, and photos just to capture our family memories and traditions.
It has been a wonderful place to walk with God and share lessons learned and struggles overcome. It is a place to remember the days events and to see the goodness of God each and every day. It is a time of reflection and anticipation. It has been a good journey!
So on the day of my 300th post, I want to thank God alone for giving me every moment that I have written about. Those moments have shaped me, challenged me, refined me, encouraged me, and trained me for all the things He has for my life. Daily being in His Word has revolutionized my life. I am different because of each day He allows me to spend here on this earth. I pray that I never waste those moments. I pray that I will keep my eyes off self and focus completely on Him.
I pray that the next 300 posts will give glory to God alone and that our moments will be invested in what lasts...as I tell my girls nearly every day. May I focus less on myself, my computer, my emails, my calendar, my agenda for the day, my own comforts, and enjoy moments invested in the souls of people around me and the Word of God.
The journey has been so sweet and I know that it is only because of the goodness of God in our lives. It isn't because we are great parents or because we have it all together. It is because of His very real presence in our lives and the wonderful satisfaction we find every morning in God's Word. As we know Him more intimately...our desires become in line with His own and we are filled with joy! What a blessing to be called a child of God.
If you have been on the journey too...thanks. It's been fun, hard, personal, challenging, and completely wonderful! I have enjoyed walking with you...I'm looking forward to the next 300!




No comments:
Post a Comment