On Christmas Eve Eve, we celebrate by letting the girls open one present which is always pajamas! The girls love getting them and it's just the outfit for our favorite Christmas traditions. Each year we head over to The Clauses' house in Woodstock and enjoy walking through and around their house...it's amazing!

The first room you enter is a snow capped village with trains running through it and Santa flying around in a helicopter! It's truly amazing to see! There are mountains, real waterfalls, twinkling starts, and lights everywhere. It takes a while to really see it all!

This family has opened their entire home and yard to families and every room is decorated with a different theme. This room is filled with moving Santas and other figures. It's so cute and really brings back memories with some really old figures I remember from my childhood.

In the kitchen there is apple cider and goodies to eat while looking at their beautiful kitchen tree. I would love to have one of these next year! I think I'm going to start working on that...

Mrs. Clause is in the family room with a rotating tree and lots of Christmas decorations. She is super sweet and greets families every night up until Christmas eve! What a precious thing to do for the community families.

One bedroom is filled with nativities...and I LOVE that! This full size nativity is in the bedroom and is life size! It's awesome. They have the nativity story from Luke is played as you walk through the room too!

Out in the yard...which is about at least an acre...they have all kinds of fun things to look at too! There is an area of blow up character and this precious Ferris wheel for stuffed animals. So cute...the girls loved this one the best!

We loved this giant candy cane and the symbolism.

There are white lights all over the yard and beautiful places to stop and enjoy the music. There is a fire to sit and get warm beside, a huge nativity and manger where you can stand and hear the Christmas story, and a LONG line to sit on Santa's lap! The girls didn't want to wait in line this year (we did last year) so we just enjoyed the sights!

Jay loves the reindeer in white lights. We are freezing and bundled up! It was such a wonderful night. We got home and quickly headed to bed...because it would be a great day of presents the next morning!
I don't know if I will be able to post regularly because of the move. I hate the chaos my home is in right now...so I have retreated to my bedroom to escape for the night. We spent most of the afternoon going through everything in the girls' room donating everything possible and throwing away everything they would let me! I am a machine when I move and will throw away almost everything that isn't nailed down.
I hope to get Christmas posted as soon as possible so I don't get behind! We'll see...

No comments:
Post a Comment