Thursday, April 30, 2009

Timothy Ministry Wrap Up

Tuesday, was the last day for Timothy Ministry for this school year. The girls absolutely loved the class they took and I loved the 3 hours that I was able to stay there and work on all kinds of catch up emails, SS material, and work. It was a perfect schedule and we sure will miss all the fun we had!
Tuesday was a fun day as all the classes had a party to celebrate a wonderful semester. In their girls Bible study class: Oh No Jonah! they had a magic show from the teacher's son. The girls loved it and were amazed that he broke a pencil with a dollar bill.
In Musical Theatre (they take this class together) they had a talent show! The girls did an awesome skit they made up...and it was really funny! Anli was a beach bum selling "hot dogs." Virginia was the customer and got a big surprise...check it out...

They also did a wonderful performance from "Godspell" based on the book of Matthew. They did a great job and I really enjoyed seeing them. Jay had staff meeting, so he couldn't attend this time...but at least we have the video.

Anli has been in musical theatre classes before and she is such an actress! She always gets into the part! I love that the girls get to take such wonderful classes here and get to meet lots of new friends and have other teachers other than mom. It has been a blessing and we can't wait until the fall.

Virginia really blossomed this year in performing. Many times she is shy about being center stage, but she sure has come out of her shell! Sometimes she floors us by her outgoing moments! She did a great job in the skit in front of the class...you would never know she was one bit shy! Look that this video...

In Anli's Home Economics class she made me this awesome wallet! I LOVE IT! It's in my purse all the time and holds all my coupons and cards. She used the sewing machine and did this all herself. She also is finishing up her cross stitching project and I'll post it when she has finished.
She loved this class because she was able to cook, sew, quilt, and much more! I love that she is so crafty. She amazes me at her creativity and her love of all kinds of crafts and arts. She already wants to start saving for culinary school when she graduates high school...what a girl!

I love my wallet! Thanks so much Anli for this gift.
Virginia's last class in Spanish 1 and she had a fiesta! She had yummy snacks, a pinata, and games. I can't thank God enough for allowing this ministry into our lives and so close to our home! It is less than 1 mile and such a support to our homeschooling. The girls made lots of friends and learned so much. It's great for them to have this kind of enrichment to their regular subjects. Can't wait to see what we'll take next year...

post signature


1 comment:

Cindy J said...

Enjoyed the video! Is there a boy named Luke in your musical theater class? The big boy on the side looks like a boy in CFT(Christian Family Theatre) and he is homeschooled. I was wondering if that was him?