Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jammin' with Jay's Family

After a great week alone with my hubby while the girls were in North Carolina at Jay's parents' home...we headed up there to pick them up and visit for the weekend. We always have such a wonderful time together and Jay's sister and her family were able to come up on the same day and spend the weekend too! They brought their Wii and all their "Rockband" equipment and we jammed out!It was such a hoot seeing everyone play together...some of us were terrible! But, after a while we kind of got the hang of it!
The kids loved playing all the instruments and the adults helped out a little too! Anli was all about singing almost the entire time!

Daddy helped Virginia strum and play the notes.

Emma was a wonderful drummer and Anli was such the singing queen!

Then...it was the adults time! After the kids were asleep we jammed together having a blast! I really enjoyed the guitar and the drums. It was so fun to play some fun 80's music.

Brother and sister jam together!

Jay's mom was hysterical on the guitar! She is so cute and never quite got the hang of it. But, we had so much fun it didn't matter at all. I am very blessed to be so close to Jay's family. They are awesome and so much fun! We love spending time together and always make lots of memories.

But, I was sure happy to have my girls back at home and all of us together. Jay and I had a great time...but we were just meant to have kiddos! It was just too quiet, too clean, and just a little too boring without the kids. I am grateful for my fun, busy, and sometimes wild life as a family!

post signature


No comments: