Do you love to blog, but don't have the time to update it as often as you might like? Well, in my life I am ALL about redeeming my time and finding strategies to make every moment count. So, here is my tip for blogging that many of you already know about...but I wanted to share it in case you didn't.
I love to blog since it is my only scrapbook right now. I love to record all the little things we do so that the kiddos will have a heritage album of our lives day by day. BUT...I don't have the TIME to blog like I want. Many weeks would go by with HUGE long posts since I didn't have time to share.
SO...for the past several months I have been sitting down every Sunday night to write all our activities from the past week. I do 5 posts (one for each day) and then I set them to automatically post each morning at 5 am. That way...I get to quickly post for the entire week...and those who read my blog get a daily update!
It's very simple to do. Once you have made your new post, you look down right above the "publish post" button and there is a little blue link called "post options." Click that and then put the date and time you would like for the post to be on your blog! That's all!!
I have done this several time when I am out of town and want prayers for each day. I just set them to post on the days I need the prayers and they are up! I have also set a side a private blog for my girls and Jay that they go to when I am out of town. That way I can schedule a new post for them to read while I am away to stay connected! I have used this on every mission trip...complete with videos of me telling them how much I love them.
So, if you are frustrated with sporadic blogging...try this time saving trick. I have used it EVERY week for months now. Everything isn't exactly on the DAY we did it...but who would EVER know that? If there is something special I want to post about on that day (birthday, special thoughts, etc) I just post again for that day.
Hope that helps some of you, who like me, have been overwhelmed with blogging and staying current. It has sure been a time and mind saver! For example...I am writing this one ahead of time:)
Enjoy...more time focused on your family!




1 comment:
Thank you so much. I have been struggling with being consistent. And then I finally sit down and do a bunch to catch up. So, it is feast or famine if following my blog. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I have already used it and planned 4 entries to go out automatically this week. Yeah!!
Post a Comment