
The past several weeks we have been studying the sun. This week we talked about eclipses. It was so fun to study and then do a project on this! The girls had a blast...and really got it.

The experiment took a blow up globe with a flashlight shining on North America. Then, we took a small Styrofoam ball (moon) on a string and hung it down in between the flashlight (sun) and the globe. Thus...we had a partial eclipse as they passed the moon cast the shadow on the earth.

Then, we let the moon pass directly in front of the sun and saw a total eclipse.

All the while I was singing in my head...
"Once upon a time I was falling in love,
Now I'm only falling apart.
Nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart."
I'm a hopeless child of the 80's - what can I say?

1 comment:
read the title of the post and immediately started humming the song... :-)
Post a Comment