
We got back to my parents' house and started the major task of decorating the 10 foot Christmas tree!!! Talk about a dream to me!!

My mom and dad have given over the decorating duties to my sister and my family and they are in a more advisory role. They love it! They get the music just right and my mom unwraps every ornament and tells us all about each one. Lots of fun memories and laughs!

I LOVE doing the lights...it's kind of my thing. I do it at my own house too. They are one of my favorite parts of decorating...way to go Martin Luther!

Then the girls get on their Santa hats and get to work on decorating! It was so big we had to get a ladder!!! Look at our cuties...

And then it is time for the final result...

...breathtaking! We always turn off all the lights and sit by the fire and just look at the tree with Emmy Lou Harris songs filling the country air. We opened the doors and just reveled in the beauty of family and Christmas joy!

And then cozy up by the fire...

and a little Christmas dress up! The story on this is that when I was about Virginia's age I thought the tree skirt would make a wonderful REAL skirt. So, I got all dressed up (I was being serious...for REAL!) and then sat down to play the piano in a TREE SKIRT! I have never lived it down. There are photos...but I don't have them. If I get my hands on them I will post it...it's just too funny that my own little girl is dressing up in that same tree skirt now. It's far too small for any tree my parents' get these days...but the memory is just too fun to throw it away!
All too soon it was time to head home from Sassy and Pal's farm. We love being there and my kids just savor every minute there! We are VERY blessed!!

No comments:
Post a Comment