About 6 months ago our sweet Virginia was getting her hair trimmed (she has NEVER had more than a trim in her ENTIRE life!!!!!) and she saw a sign for Locks of Love.That day she told us that she was going to donate her hair to "the children who are sick and loose their hair." We were so touched and totally supported her. We had never mentioned it to her before and were surprised when she was the one to decide to donate her hair...because she has NEVER wanted to cut her hair!
Well, yesterday we headed to get Jay and Anli's hair cuts and she wanted them to tell her if her hair was long enough to donate...TODAY! Neither Jay nor I really knew how it all happened and didn't think she had it long enough to donate so we said that she could ask and let them tell her about it. So, after Anli got her cut...Virginia jumped up in the chair...and she had enough!!
She looked at Jay and I will huge excited eyes and said, "Can I PLEASE donate my hair for Christmas!!!" Um...I was not mentally prepared for it to be TODAY! But, immediately I was ashamed that I was a little panicked while my sweetie was thrilled beyond measure to be able to give her hair to children in need. So...




3 comments:
How cool!! She does look beautiful with long or short hair though. Jennifer donated 10 inches to Locks of Love too. Very special girls donating to a very special cause!
They are sweet girls. What a great story to share
Crying here! She looks precious....I know you are so proud of her!! :)
Post a Comment