Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back up and running!

OK...I know...my blog was closed down for a few days. I have had lots of emails, texts, and phone calls to find out what in the world is going on:) First, thanks for your sweet support and for caring! Next, I'll just share what has been on my heart for the past few weeks...and trust me...it's not very dramatic. Sorry if it has come across that way:)



Here's the deal. I have been hearing from several women that this whole blog thing (not mine in particular) is causing them some struggle in feeling badly about themselves as a mother, wife, and follower of Christ. That made me really sad...and truthfully...a little worried about my own blog. I NEVER want for this to be a place of condemnation, boasting, or pride. So, I planned to take some time to make SURE that there was not any boasting in my spirit. I just wanted some time to make sure of the reasoning behind WHY I blog...to make sure I wasn't one of those blogs!



Then, I had a security scare recently. Someone was googling my daughter and ended up on a friend's COMMENT...then linked to my blog. Now, hers is not a popular name...in fact we made it up. Not to say there are not others with that name...we just don't know anyone. It also was associated with some key words that involved her interests. So, needless to say...I panicked! We have to be really careful on this World Wide Web thing!!! There are WAY too many people out there who are NOT for our good.



Thankfully, my wonderful friend Rhonda (who is a computer web guru) and I found out there actually is another Anli AND her interest. So...for now...I feel better. But, I'm still thinking about all of this.



Finally, last week was a hard week for me. I was processing some hard adoption issues that are going on in Uganda right now. I was hurting for my friends, other families, and finally for our own journey. I just didn't feel like blogging...I felt like praying. I felt like resting. I needed to just relax in God's goodness and comfort.



So, that is why there has been a lapse in blogging. That is why it was closed down for a while.
It was nice to not blog for a while...but you know...I missed it! I really LIKE having the accountability to blog each week.



BUT...I do not ever want this to be a place where anyone feels like a bad mother, friend, woman, wife, or follower of Christ. I have talked with several women whom I love and respect (and they blog too) and we all have agreed that we just can't help how people take our blogs. As long as WE are always testing ourselves in prayer and by the Word of God and not seeing it as a place to boast...we just can't control how people process our blogs. We just have to glorify Him in it. If you ever have feelings that way when reading my blog, I beg you not to read it. I would never want to discourage you or cause you any hurt in any way! I would ask you just to kick my blog to the curb:)


Here is my philosophy on this whole blog thing....the reason I even blog at all (and this is more for me than anyone else!). This is seriously my family album. I have already put it into book form and am ordering it. It is the only way that I can, living in a small apartment with NO space to scrapbook, keep up with all the wonderful memories God grants to me every single day! Sitting down each Sunday to blog for the week (No, I do NOT blog every day!) allows me to enjoy all the blessings God has given me in being a mother, wife, friend, and follower of Him. I have found that the more off topic stuff I post...the more work I have to do in editing it out:) So, I'm keeping it to mainly events and memories.



I also enjoy passing great ideas on to other moms that have been passed on to me. And, thankfully I have heard from some of you that it has been helpful. What a blessing to my heart! Let's encourage each other on this mom journey! I know I need all the help I can get from God- loving moms:)



Now, here's what you won't find on my blog. Because I would be UTTERLY embarrassed and devastated if Jay Facebooked all the things that frustrate, irritate, and bother him that I do or how I am...I do not share those things about him or my kids here either. It would hurt my feelings SO badly if he used that public forum to "share" about all the stuff I do that irks him each day...and it would be SEVERAL times a day I'm sure:)

Those times are so fleeting and are here today and gone tomorrow. Yet, if you are a reader and not my close friend...you wouldn't know that. You might have a very skewed view of my husband and children and family. There is no context for those who don't know us and how much we adore each other. And if it would hurt my feelings...I don't want to take the chance with theirs.



My mentor has also warned me many times about what I write about others. It is there when you are gone...and we don't know when that will be! They won't have a context for how you were feeling right then. They won't realize that it was just a venting time and you got over it. They will only have what you have written about them. And when you are gone...that will be VERY powerful. It happened to her...and she never forgot it. I also don't write all those kinds of things in my prayer journal anymore either. I simply write what I got out of the passage and pray for them in my heart. So, it's not just in the blog I don't write those things...it's everywhere:) Words are powerful, and we must use them VERY carefully. Especially on the web where we aren't friends with everyone who visits. They don't know our hearts!



So, if it sounds like we never have any problems or have any troubles...that's just because I share those with people I know are for my good AND will pray for me. And you might be one of those...but I don't know who in the world (literally!!) is reading this...so I don't want to share personal issues that involve my family with the world. If you want to know those kinds of things...let's get together, email, or talk on the phone. Let's pray together and for each other:) But, you won't find that stuff on the blog. This is just one of those boring family album blogs;)



You WILL find all the great things God allows us to do as a family, blessings from the week, encouragement He has given to us, and great ideas that I find from other moms:) I don't think of too many things myself...I usually have super cool and groovy friends who pass along things! And I probably will end up doing something you share on your blog too;) Isn't that so fun?


I'll be back among the bloggers soon! I really am missing it:) And, now I am already behind on my album...



post signature

1 comment:

Cindy J said...

Welcome back!! I've missed you and your encouragement and good times! Thanks for sharing your heart!!