OK...so I am an organization J.U.N.K.I.E. I am always on the hunt for the perfect calendar system AND the perfect purse (more on that another day!). But, I am always on the hunt for redeeming my time and finding ways NOT to forget everything I should be doing today and tomorrow and so on. I homeschool both of my girls, teach Sunday School (Life group...etc.), travel to speak many weekends during the year, and I could go on and on and on and on...so could you, am I right?
So, since it seems that my brain and ability to remember things has left me since I had children, I am always on the lookout for a strategy to help. For Christmas, my friend Ginger, MADE and EMBROIDERED this beautiful notebook cover that fits over those speckled composition books. Brilliant!! I loved it so much because not only did she make it for me, but I have the HARDEST time finding anything with the letter "F" embroidered on it (and I think that embroidery is my love language?)!
So, I dreamed of all the ways I could use this little notebook. It took me a while, but I am loving how I'm using it. What you are about to read is NOT my idea (thanks Girltalk blog!) but I have made it my own using their awesome schedule idea. I have been using their schedule idea for over a year or two now...but never has it been packaged so pretty!
I use a two page spread to not only plan my "to do" list and schedule for the day...I also have my lesson plans there on the page also. I keep a place for a verse from my "Gathering Time" that I want to meditate on throughout the day...and a portion of my memory verse too. I try to write that portion every day to help me remember it! On the bottom is the menu for the day so I can remember to take out and fix whatever is on the menu. The paperclip is for cards I need to send, reminders for the day, loose things I need to take care of that day. You could also use one of those big clips if you tend to have lots of things to keep up with!
It also fits in my purse so that I can carry it throughout the day with me...this is critical for those of us with poor memories:) I take about 15 minutes right after my "Gathering Time" with the Lord to make a plan for the day...and the key is that at the top of my schedule and to do list are the words:
BY GRACE I will...
I am one who can plan and schedule until every minute of the day has a place. It never works out that way! It doesn't leave time for GRACE encounters throughout the day! So, God has pulled me back into taking each day as it comes. I take those few minutes in the morning because I know that His mercies are new every morning!
I do have to lesson plan for the week...but I am keeping that very rough so that I can change and adapt with the GRACE for the day. I don't know what the Lord will bring each day a week in advance! So, this notebook reminds me that each thing on my list and every event is ONLY by His GRACE!
It has really helped me to be a good steward of the minutes and seconds and day that have been given to me. But, also helped me to remember that I am finite and as the girltalkers say...ONLY God gets everything on His to do list done every day:) Whew...I love me some GRACE!
This system is CHEAP and I can change out the notebooks as they are full with new ones that can be found at Wal-Mart for like a dollar...do I have a smart friend or what??? And you know, it works for TODAY...who knows what kind of grace and mercy He has in store for me tomorrow! It's always an adventure and I LOVE it!
Here are three blog entries the Girltalk girls did on the justification, ability and motivation behind being a highly effective women in the eyes of God (they are very short and REALLY convicted me big time!!!):
http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/Time_Management_and_Justification
http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/Time_Management_and_Dependence
http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/Time_Management_for_the_Glory_of_God
Here is an ecouragine article on living like TODAY is a gift:
http://www.worldmag.com/articles/12434
Have a great weekend friends...





1 comment:
I'm so glad you've found a great use for the journal. Love it!
Post a Comment