For several years, our children have been loving AWANA and I love being their leader! Last year I was able to lead Anli's group and this year I am Virginia' leader. I absolutely LOVE to see and hear children reading and memorizing God's Word...and having a BLAST doing it! We have had several theme nights and one that was especially fun was Pirate night. They ALL were so cute.
I love this picture below of Virginia getting ready for VBS this year...we are doing High Seas and the kids were getting ready for a voyage of getting God's Word in their hearts!!! But, I also love one other of our kids in the background totally into the song:)
OK, here is just one of the million things I love about Anli. She is in the preteen group at our church called The Edge. They have begun meeting for worship time with the AWANA kids and though most of the other kids don't want to dress up anymore...my Anli is ALL over it! She is SO enthusiastic about everything that to not jump in with BOTH feet is unheard of for her. Her enthusiasm has rubbed off on a few of the "I'm too cool" kids:) You GO girl!
During game time they had a treasure hunt and it was a blast! Last year, they had it in hay...and since Virginia is HIGHLY allergic to weeds, grasses, etc. she about couldn't breathe. So, this year they chose packing peanuts...THANK you!!! They searched for coins and those coins were worth points for store night.





No comments:
Post a Comment