About two months ago I went online to the International Mission Board site and looked around at their resources for kids. I found the Kids On Mission DVDs for 2007 and I ordered them right away! The two DVDs contain about 60 video segments showing how missionaries are joining God's work around this world.
Each night we watch a segment about a different country and what God is doing there through missionaries and how we can pray for them. They have an older man and a young girl who research and tell the kids all about different countries. Then there is a puppet computer guy who "surfs" the web for wonderful information about missionaries and how kids can be on mission too!
OK, for adults it's not Veggie Tales with all the fun humor in it...but it's really a great tool to get the kids involved in praying for missions and learning about what God is up to in other parts of the world. The girls enjoy it and each night as we all kneel to pray together...they lift up the people of that country. It's pretty special!
I encourage you to take a look at it and maybe even order it! I just found out that you can even view them online by country. That's pretty cool...and might have saved me a little money. But, the investment is so worth it when you hear those little prayer warriors lifting different cultures and peoples up to God. Wow!
Here is the Kids On Mission website to check out:
www.kidsonmission.org
Enjoy!
*Sorry there isn't a picture of the DVDs...Blogger wouldn't post any pictures...something about an internal error!




1 comment:
Very cool.....We'll have to check those out. I'm glad you were having "internal errors" too with blogger...I was afraid it was an internal error with my computer....Whew!
Post a Comment