This Sunday BOTH of our girls are going to join Noonday Baptist Church through baptism! Anli accepted Christ about 1 1/2 years ago and Virginia about 1 year ago. Jay began working slowly through a wonderful tool called "So Now You're a Christian" that works through the decision to follow Christ and accept His free gift of salvation. It is only meant to be a 4 week daily study, but Jay took extra time (like a year) to go through each part completely with them.
Jay was baptized as a young child (around the girls' ages) and was not a Christian. He got wet and that's about all! So, he wants to go slowly with the girls to answer their questions and disciple them. We want to be disciple makers in our home!
But, at this point we walk this journey in faith. We can't be the gate keepers of their salvation. We can walk in faith alongside them, answering their questions, discipling them, soaking them in God's Word, praying with them, loving them, and living our lives to His glory moment by moment. It's faith...and that pleases God.
So, after attending a new believer class (taught by their mommy and daddy...it's so much fun to have their daddy's full time job as teaching them about God!) they are now following Christ's own example and in obedience to His command to be baptized! What a glorious day Sunday will be for our family!
No, I won't be able to breathe. Yes, I will be moved to crazy tears. And we will continue to walk in faith every day. This isn't the climax where we kick it into neutral and just kind of coast along. No way! This journey has just begun. We are excited about daily living and growing and glorifying God more and more.
Please pray for us! Jay is also preaching on Sunday. So, after baptizing his two glorious daughters...he has to do a quick change and then preach. I don't know if I would have the emotional stability to preach after baptizing my babies. But, he'll do amazing!
Our families will be here and we are looking forward to spending time with them. It will be quite special since our families live 7 hours a part and very rarely get to spend time together. It's going to be awesome!




2 comments:
I know it will be a very, very special day. I'm so excited for you!!
How exciting! I couldn't hold the happy tears back last year as my Caleb made this life changing decision. Enjoy the moments!!
Post a Comment