Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Poland update!

I am going to be sharing about my trip to Prague and Poland on the DFM blog. I will be using this blog to share about family things and that way I can keep up with the family things that are going on!

We started school last week and things are going really well! This year Anli will be tackling all 6 subjects every day. Last year they both had "long days" and "short days". This meant that they got a break from science and social studies on Tuesday and Thursdays. But, this year...Anli has to do each subject every day while Virginia still enjoys "short days."

We assured Anli that getting older is a good thing! She is the most diligent worker I have every met. She amazes me at how she works. School does not come easily for her, and she gives it everything she has each day! It really is a gift from God that we don't take for granted.

But, we love our online academy! It is the perfect fit for our family and the girls are thriving in it. They love homeschool and are learning so much. We are so grateful that God is so creative when it comes to his children! I am thankful that He has wonderful ways for us each to grow and learn.

God did answer a prayer that I have been praying for 3 years since we began homeschooling. I have asked Him for some good girlfriends for the girls. We have lots of friends that are boys...but they wanted close girlfriends. Last week, we were coming home from a Dollar Tree run and saw a group of girls doing some kind of dance...and they were on the floor right below our apartment.

They invited the girls to play, and we found out that they live right below us (in two different apartments). Two girls are 9 and one is 7! That is the perfect ages for our girls!! God is wonderful!

They have been over to our house to play and we have ridden bikes with them outside. We also have had the chance to meet their families and even visit their apartments. God is amazing!

So, God is up to lots of stuff in our lives every day...even though these days seem to be brimming with EVERYTHING. Keep up with the DFM blog to hear about the recent trip...and to see videos of the recent retreats and conferences! It's been a great few months!

post signature

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Yeah! We are also praying this for Alora. I am so glad the girls have found friends! Alora and Caroline definitely need some little girls in their lives so we hope God will also send some our way