Once we had those stiff peaks, we dipped spoonfuls of the cookies onto the cookie sheets to look like little tombs where they buried Jesus. We had the oven preheated to 300 degrees and then turned it off before we placed the cookies in the oven.
Then, the girls taped the oven shut to symbolize how the stone was rolled to seal the tomb with Jesus inside. Then, we placed our "guard" on the counter to guard the tomb all night! When you have a house full of girls...the guard is an American Girl doll!
Then, this morning...we rushed to the tomb and opened to see our little "tombs" were cracked open and empty inside! We have done this for the past 4 years and the girls love it and get excited every Easter morning to see the EMPTY TOMB! What a way to start a Resurrection Day!
We came home and enjoyed a yummy spaghetti and salad lunch and then a little rest! But, around 4pm we decided that we would not just sit at the house today...we all wanted to get out and enjoy our Easter in God's beautiful creation together as a family. So, we loaded up the bikes, scooters, kite, and stopped by Kentucky Fried for a picnic dinner and headed to a local school where we love to ride bikes and play!
We had the best service worshipping with our Noonday family! Both the girls joined me for the service which was absolutely awesome. Worshipping with my girls is just a little taste of heaven on earth for me. Jay was down dealing with Easter madness in the children's area...and we missed him!
After the service, Virginia (who usually is in our children's worship time) asked if she could join Anli and I every week in the service...YOU BETCHA baby doll:)
The girls loved riding their bikes around the 1 mile track!
Jay and I enjoyed walking together behind them. It was a glorious day and we constantly thanked God for the amazing family He has given us! We are blessed beyond measure!
Daddy bought us a kite at Wal-mart and I was thrilled to see it was a ladybug...it's my favorite animal in the world...since it is red! So, after bike riding, we headed to the soccer field there and started flying it...but had a little trouble to start. Then, Jay found the problem and we had a great time!
We found a nice spot for a great picnic dinner. You can't get better than crispy chicken, corn on the cobb, mashed potatoes, biscuits and sweet tea...yummm!
We headed to the park that is also right there and enjoyed the playground all to ourselves. Anli is a little monkey!
Virginia and I love to swing! Notice the little ladybug on my shirt...yep it borders on a sickness really.
Easter flowers and pretty girls!
While we were swinging, we noticed that Daddy had gotten our kite up in the air! Way up! We rushed back onto the field and enjoyed flying our kite! Virginia was thrilled to finally get to fly the kite after being patient while it made numerous nose dives into the ground. Way to go Daddy!
Anli trying her hand.
Virginia took this picture and I have to say it is one of my favorites of Jay and I of all time. It is extra great because my sweet girl took it for us! I had jumped on Jay's back while we were watching Anli fly the kite and Virginia took it.
As we headed home, we pulled into our apartment and next to where we parked our car we saw our very own little Easter bunny! What a perfect Resurrection Day!!!
I pray that you are basking in the reality of the victory Christ has over sin and death. I pray that you truly grasp the depth of depravity that is in each of us...allowing you to truly find endless worth in Christ's blood. I pray that you give up the facade of perfection that allows those around you to simply see you instead of the beauty of the Gospel. I pray that you embrace the Cross and the Resurrection as your only hope today. I pray that your life will live and breathe and find it's being in Christ.
Blessed Resurrection Day...




1 comment:
you are so crafty! and a wonderful mother. i love how you and jay are starting so many great traditions with your girls that truly impact their lives. you always find a way to point everything you and your family do to christ...you are just wonderful and a wonderful example.
Post a Comment