Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Surprises!

This past weekend when I got to Panama City, Paula and I loaded all of our bags into the room we were sharing. I opened my bag to find right on top...these! Jay had written encouragement and prayers for each night that I would be on the retreat! They were such a HUGE surprise and absolutely wonderful! It really made my whole trip knowing he had taken such time to not only pray for me...but to let me know exactly what those prayers were. What a blessing!
Then...if that weren't enough...I received a dozen RED roses when I came home!

I talk so much about the girls in this blog...that my hubby doesn't get near the justice he deserves! He is a true blessing from God and he spoils me rotten. Sometimes, I don't even appreciate all that he does for our family and me...so today I want him to know how extra amazing we think that he is!
Jay, I know you read this blog everyday. Thank you for being an answered prayer in our lives! Thank you for taking time to make God your number one priority and to lead our family in devotions each morning. Thank you for desiring for your children to have the Word of God written in your own handwriting (amazing!) and that you work on that every single day.
Thank you for being strong enough to keep our course steady...but kind enough to plan a crazy trip to Disney in just a matter of days. Thank you for being the mind behind the money...so I don't have to be! Thank you for being human and admitting as much. Thank you for supporting our family spiritually, emotionally, and financially. Thank you for loving these 3 girls fiercely, yet trusting that God loves us more.
Thank you for being a great organizer, packer, cook, helper, father, husband, minister, friend, listener, computer guru, electronic whiz, financial nerd (Dave Ramsey's name not mine:), and lover of Christ! You deserve so much more than a post on a blog, but I know that this will be in our family blog book for generations and so will the example you have led.
We love you!

post signature


No comments: