Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, I haven't been posting recently because of two reasons. One, I have been out of town the past two days leading a ladies retreat in Alabama...and two, my girls are out of town with Jay's family. Jay's family came into town on Friday evening and then left with our girls for Spring Break on Saturday morning.

They are headed to spend a wonderful few days with their family in Alabama running and playing with horses, cows, dogs, cats, cotton seed (I got a photo from Jay's sister on my phone last night of them up to their ears in cotton!) and much more. They have already been fishing, made smores over a bonfire, caught caterpillars in their bug catchers, and played with too many cousins and family to count! They are having a blast!


Jay and I couldn't go with them this week because I had a retreat to lead Sunday and this is one busy week at our church for Jay. We have a Seder service on Wednesday night, Maundi Thursday service on Thursday...and the girls will be back on Friday (hopefully sooner!). But, we have truly enjoyed our time together as a couple too!

Jay was able to drive with me to Alabama on Sunday after church to the retreat. Then, we spent the night with my family and I was able to spend some quality time with my mom and dad...and my precious nephew Julian. Jay then drove me back home yesterday and I spent the day changing over winter clothes to summer...just in time for it to SNOW! What's up with this?

So, blogging will be less this week...it makes me miss my girls more...since this blog is all about our family. But, Jay and I are loving our "honeymoon week" as he calls it!

Thanks to those who prayed for the retreat! An update is on the DFM blog!

post signature

No comments: