Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Scavenger Hunt leading to a BIG Surprise! *UPDATED WITH VIDEO!*

Are you ready to go on the scavenger hunt the girls went on last night? It will lead you to the BIG surprise we all got yesterday from my sweet husband!

They headed over the the raincoats and found their bathing suits underneath with the next clue attached.




Checking high and low in the bedroom...



Then, Virginia found it underneath her pillow! Have you guessed it yet? They hadn't! At this point Anli was on the trail...


Next to the broom they found their lanyards filled with pins...and the next clue!

And the last clue led them to a sign on the sunroom table that said...



Yep! We are headed back to Disney!!! Yesterday, Jay and I were eating lunch at the table together and the girls were in their playroom hanging out playing. He got up and went to the computer and without looking up at me...said...

"Where did you put that Disney postcard we got the other day about the great deal they are running right now?"


My heart stopped.


So, without a word (as not to ruin the chance we MIGHT be going to Disney) I went and found the card. He was looking at the budget...and then he decided that we WERE GOING TO DISNEY...


In 26 DAYS!!!!!
I'm still in shock.
But, we ARE going and we can't wait. We are able to go this last minute because of a great deal we got in the mail about kids eating, staying, and getting park tickets free. So, we are only paying for Jay and I to go. We get the free dining and staying at our favorite resort! Also, we had a blessing of an unexpected inheritance gift from Jay's family we had been putting aside for something special. Well...Disney is something really special!
So, we had a whole Disney themed family night last night and got out all the books, plans, and planned the meals, the days, and got our act together for our last minute trip!
I am so amazed at my sweet hubby! This kind of thing is WAY out of his comfort zone! But, He is so excited and he may or may not have been spotted dancing in the kitchen with his girls to Disney music we blared all night while making this....

Are we excited or what?
I still can't believe we are going in 25 days!

Let the countdown begin!!!!

post signature


2 comments:

Cindy J said...

How exciting!! I want to know about that Disney deal, too!! The clues were great. My kids love scavenger hunts, especially ones that end with a fantastic trip in store!! Jay, you are raising the bar galore! I am happy for you guys!

Michelle said...

That looked so fun! What a way to share with them?!?! BTW-- my girls have those SAME comforters from Target!