Friday, January 22, 2010

Family Focused Friday!

One day I walked by Anli's door and she had made a really small piece of paper for a mail box outside her door. Well, that got my creative juices flowing...what a great idea! Since we homeschool, I can no longer put cute notes in their lunches. So, instead I made them some more stable and larger mailboxes to put on their doors. This way...each day (or couple of days) they can get mail from us or their sister or friends. It's really fun!!!
They have enjoyed getting cards, candy, privilege passes for extra computer time, and other fun treats! I try to make sure they get mail several times a week and we try to vary who does it and what they get. Sometimes it's just a quick note to tell them one thing they did really well that day. Other days it has been something special like a cool piece of candy, a bookmark, or a small gift that lets them know we thought about them.

It's really a fun way to make sure that they feel special that thought about. We try to encourage them on what they did well, something kind they did that day, or a great attitude. Sometimes it will have verse too.

First I just took a lunch bag and then took some scrapbook paper that matched their room colors and printed out their name for the mailbox to be personal. Then, I reinforced the back of the bag with lots of tape so if I put a gift inside of it there wouldn't be rip. Then, I punched two holes in the back of the bag and hung it on two clear Command strips so it would not leave a mark on our doors if we need to remove them. I used two so that it would hang straight and more secure for larger gifts.

If you are looking for a cheap, yet special way to give your kids encouragement and the fun we all like of getting mail...then, this might be a craft you want to try! We sure have loved it:) And it reminds us to encourage each other every day!

post signature

No comments: