Sunday, January 3, 2010

White Christmas...Part 1

After we had celebrated our birthday party for Jesus...we loaded everything up in the car and headed to Jay's family's house. It is quite a drive so we always make sure to eat yummy sausage balls and birthday cake and have lots of good movies to enjoy on the way. It's never really crowded on the road, but you have to make sure you know where to stop for gas and bathroom breaks and lunch...not very much is opened on Christmas day:)

We were having a wonderful trip when I noticed...

SNOW!!!


Yes, there had been snow in NC earlier in the week...but we didn't know so much would be left over for US to enjoy on Christmas day! I can't remember ever having a WHITE Christmas! So, I began to go crazy to get out and play in it. Jay assured me (with a phone call to his parents) that there would be plenty of snow at his parent's house. Um...I couldn't take that chance...no way!


So, after some begging he stopped at a church and let us OUT in that snow for a while! It was a wonderful break to stretch our legs and we were SO excited!!!









Look how excited we were to make a snowball and have a snowball fight together...this says it all!






And then a little while later all fears of not having enough snow to play in were dispelled...


...this awaited us as we arrived at their house!


What a wonderful WHITE Christmas!!!!


post signature

No comments: